Founder John Mitchell has long served his community in many capacities.
- Mayor of South Windsor (4 years)
- Town Council (12 years)
- Treasurer of South Windsor
- Public Building Commisioner
- Charter Revision Commision Chairman
- South Windsor Rotary Club President
- Chamber of Commerce President
In addition John has been named
- 2000 Business Person of the Year
by the South Windsor Chamber of Commerce
and is the only person to be twice awarded
- "Oilman of the Year" in 1994 & 2008
by the Independent Connecticut Petroleum Association.
Mitchell Fuel Co., Inc. has also been recognized as the
"2008 Family Business of the Year"
by the South Windsor Chamber of Commerce.
pictured left to right are:
Matthew, Teri wife of John Jr., John Sr., wife Della & David Mitchell
Did you know that ....
- Mitchell Fuel is one of the first companies to offer Bio-Fuels.
Bio-Fuels heating oil is made from renewable corn, soybean, animal fat and recycled grease known as B100 additives. It burns much cleaner and efficiently than regular heating oil.
- Mitchell Fuel is one of the few companies that offers coal as a source of heat..
- Most air conditioning units, oil and gas burners that Mitchell Fuel installs qualify for energy tax credits.